countries around the globe
graduates in 2014
years of history in wine education
The gold standard of wine education
WSET is active in 66 countries around the globe. In 2014 alone, more than 61,000 people completed various levels of WSET programs.
It has been holding quality seminars for wine industry professionals since 1969, and it has been some time now that it opened its door to all other wine enthusiasts. Its high quality and education and training programme and its systematic approach are the reason why it has grown into one of the most influential educational bodies in the field of wines and spirits.
WSET acts through a network of Approved Programme Providers (APP). Over a thousand of them organize daily WSET programs around the globe, providing the participants with the opportunity to be systematically introduced to the fascinating world of wines.
Wine & Spirits Academy Bulgaria (WSAB) is an official APP for WSET qualifications delivering:
- WSET Level 1 – Award in Wines – Foundation
- WSET Level 2 – Award in Wines and Spirits – Intermediate
WSAB provides professional, accredited wine education services to those who are employed in the following sectors:
- wine distribution and retail
- wine sales
- bloggers and journalists
- wine enthusiasts
- and all those who are just joining the world of wines
MEET THE TEAM
CEO, Nominated educator, Co-Founder
Wine expert with 11 years of experience in the wine industry as a head sommelier and wine buyer. The nominated WSAB educator holding WSET Advanced Certificate and current WSET Diploma student.
Educator, WSAB Co-Founder
A single & unexpectedly charming experience of the wine world almost 10 years ago drew him to the continuous exploration of these deep waters. And as if it was all perfectly planned from the very beginning, today he has the very chance to run a small winery himself!
His interest & fascination, as well as his devotion & consistency got him a WSET Advance certificate, a current place as a WSET Diploma student and a judge for the International Wine Challenge London and Mindus Vini in Germany.
Educator, WSAB Co-Founder
Wine expert with 12 years of experience. Formally educated in ISG Chicago and WSET Level 3, London. From hobby wine took him in the corporate world with career in wine buying for major retail chain in two different countries. An international wine judge for Decanter WWA, London and Mindus Vini in Germany.
WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
About the Course
This course is a good starting point for the exploration of wine styles, food and wine pairing and making the most of wine by learning about the correct storage and service conditions. The course includes a tutored tasting of nine wines and a food and wine pairing workshop.
What level of knowledge will I need to start this course?
No prior knowledge is required as the course is designed to introduce wines in an interactive, structured and concise manner. This course will suit a novice wine enthusiast or those wishing to start their career in the wine or hospitality business.
Saturday 9:00am – 6:00pm One day
* Please read the terms & conditions before proceeding with a booking.
This course is examined with a 45 minute multiple choice question paper consisting of 30 questions. The pass mark is 70% and the exam takes place in the last session of each course.
Sept. 30, 2017
Feb. 10, 2018 – *** Enrolment end day – January 26, 2018
WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits
About the Course
The course covers the major grape varieties, regions of the world, food and wine pairing, sparkling wines, fortified wines and the major spirits. Included as part of your course is a tutored tasting through 48 wines and a spirits revision exercise .
What level of knowledge will I need to start this courses?
You will not need any formal qualification just an enthusiasm for the subject and willingness to learn. This course is ideal for anyone wishing to be introduced to wine or sprits in an informative and structured manner. It is suitable for both the enthusiast and those looking to enter or already working in the wine and hospitality business requiring good level of product knowledge.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday; 9:00am – 5:00pm; 3 consecutive days
* Please read our terms & conditions before proceeding with a booking.
A one hour multiple choice question paper with 50 questions. The pass mark is 55% and is the last session of the course.
Nov. 10-12, 2017 – *** Enrolment end day – Oct. 18, 2017
Apr. 13-15, 2018 – *** Enrolment end day – Mar. 23, 2018
Wine & Spirits Academy Bulgaria
The Manhattan Hall
90 “Tsarigradsko Shousse” Blvd.
1784 Sofia, Bulgaria
Contact Person: Mr. Aleksandar Skorchev
Telephone: +359 887 544 297
WINE & SPIRITS ACADEMY BULGARIA
General terms and conditions of WSET Award in Wines & Spirits for all courses
The following terms and conditions apply equally to all participants:
1. Wine & Spirits Academy Bulgaria is the WSET Approved Programme organizer (hereinafter: the Organizer).
2. The right of participation at WSET courses is accorded to all natural and legal persons that have delivered the filled out and certified Application (hereinafter: the Application) and accept the general terms and conditions of WSET Award in Wines & Spirits.
3. The details of Applicants participation are stated in the Application. The Application, signed and certified by the Applicant will be delivered to the Organizer and is considered a written agreement. Online application form is valid without the signature and the seal. The deadline for the submission of the certified Application is written in the application form.
4. Upon the received Application, the Organizer will send the confirmation email and deliver the offer to the Applicant based on the elements contained in the Application.
5. Only with the payment on time that is according to the offer the Applicant ensures the participation at the course.
6. If the Applicant does not pay the offer by the due date, the Organizer has the right to cancel the confirmed Application.
7. The prices listed in the Application are in euro. Payments are made according to the offer based on the Application.
8. The Application is irrevocable and obliges, all cancellation must be submitted in writing. If the Applicant cancels the participation 15 days before the beginning of course, he will be invoiced 30% of the value of the course. In case of Applicant’s cancellation within 15 days or less from the beginning of the course, he will be invoiced the full price of the course.
9. Possible financial disputes between the Applicant and the Organizer will be settled by arrangements, and if they fail, the Court in Sofia will have jurisdiction.